Sunday, October 7, 2012

Black Bean Dip

I have to apologize for the delay on recipe posting, our little blog's future has been somewhat unknown due to personal changes.  I'm hoping that I will continue to have the time to write despite an upcoming move to Missoula (depending on job prospects) and eventual return to school to work on my master's in social work.  I hope that my co-writer will also be able to find time to submit as well, dependent on her own busy schedule.

You may have noticed I've been really bad at taking pics for my posts, mostly I'm a bad photographer but also I usually just forget.  When we started this blog I just took pictures of anything and everything I made, just in case it was "blog-worthy," now I'm lazy.  My apologies, I will try to get better at the picture taking.  This recipe I made for a pot luck and it was quite a big hit.  You can use it just as a dip for tortilla chips or use it as a topping on baked chicken or whatever comes to mind. 

You Will Need:

2 ripe avocados, peeled and diced
juice of 1 lime
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
2-3 tomatoes, diced
about 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 T. olive oil
1 tsp.red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
tortilla chips for dipping

In a small bowl combine avocados and lime juice, let sit until all other ingredients are mixed.  In a large bowl combine beans, corn, pepper, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic.  In a small bowl combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and whisk together.  Drizzle over the bean and corn mixture, mix to coat.  Fold in the avocado mixture.  Chill until cool, I chill overnight, the flavor seems to be better that way.  When I make this it becomes my snack for days, I get to snack and feel like I'm eating mostly healthy.  Next time I make this I'm going to use some of it on baked chicken, maybe with a little cheese on top.  Nummy!

Megan S.

No comments:

Post a Comment