Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Broiled Ginger Garlic Salmon





At my 22nd birthday "party" my roommate introduced me to a guy named Sean (not actually his name, but go with it).  He was cute, nice and smelled pretty good so I hung out with him a few more times after that.  Then, like every 22 year old that spends five nights a week at the bar flirting with every half way decent looking guy I started ignoring poor Sean.  I would have liked to continue a friendship with him but I'm not so good at the friend zone game...I'm sure you figured that out from my last post.  It wasn't too long before I ran into him at a bar in Bigfork during Whitewater Fest.  He was drunk, I was buzzed and we chatted.  He said "I've been chasing after you and I feel like I'm sitting in a boat on a lake.  I'm in that boat and I'm fishin' and fishin', but there aren't any fish in the lake."  After sharing a good laugh over his description of "chasing" me I smiled and suggested he find a new lake to fish in.  He must have listened because last I heard he had gotten married.  I figured while we were talking about fish, metaphorical or not, that I would give you a tasty fish recipe.

You will need:

1 single portion salmon filet
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 minced garlic cloves
2 T. soy sauce (I used GF/reduced sodium)
2 T. orange juice
1 T. honey

Combine ingredients in shallow bowl.  If your filet still has the skin on it then marinate your fish with skin face up and the meat in the marinade.  I made rice with my fish so I marinated the fish while I started the brown rice, it got to marinate for about 1/2 hour.  Preheat oven to broil.  Place fish, skin down on tin foil covered pan, pour excess marinade on top.  Broil your fish until done, this can be tested with a fork.  It's about 10 minutes cook time per inch of fish thickness.  I recommend checking after about 5 mins, mine didn't take long to cook and you don't want it overdone, dried out fish is not awesome.  I served mine with brown rice and garlic sauteed broccoli and was presently surprised by how good it all was.  Enjoy!

Megan S.



No comments:

Post a Comment