Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chicken 'n Rice Bowl

So first off I have to apologize to all of our loyal readers for the long absence.  These spinsters have been in the middle of major life changes, new towns, new jobs, new lives, not to mention the holidays.  Don't worry though because we are back and hopefully we are at least as good as we used to be, if not better.  I remember last year for NYE I did a blog post about my hatred of the holiday.  This year I was asleep by 11pm and I loved it!  I actually had a date lined up and plans for ringing in the New Year with a drink in hand.  Unfortunately (for him) I decided that I needed to put him in the "friend zone."  How do you do that to someone on NYE, a night when you're supposed to kiss your date at midnight?  So I feigned illness and stayed home and to be honest I feel alright about that, he can be "friend zoned" another night.  Tonight though it's time for a new recipe.

You will need:

1 chicken breast
Italian dressing
1 serving corn
1 serving of your fave rice
1 ziploc bag

Dice the chicken breast into bite size pieces and put in a ziploc bag.  Pour enough italian dressing in with the chicken to make sure all pieces are well coated.  Put in the fridge to marinate for a bit while you cook your rice, cook rice as directed on package.  I use jasmine or brown rice which takes about an hour to cook.  If you use Minute rice (eeeewww) make sure you allow your chicken to marinate for a half an hour or so.  Cook your chicken in a skillet while also cooking your rice according to package directions.  When everything is done pile it all together in a bowl and mix it up.  So easy, yet so delicious!  Again, I'm sorry no pic, I'm going to get my shit together I promise!

One last note before I sign off.  I would like to prepare you all for possible guest writers.  You may get to read some bachelor submissions in the future as I know of at least one that would like to submit his favorite recipes...and he's funny, so look forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment