Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Garlic Salmon Pasta


I really hate the kitchen in the house I currently live, I mean I REALLY hate it.  I hate it so much that I rarely cook anymore.  There's hardly any counter space, it always looks dirty (even when it's clean) and there's not much storage space either.  It's not my house so I don't have my kitchen stuff here, which means all my favorite pans, knives, and cooking utensils aren't available for use.  I find myself making things work with old pans, dull knives and one spatula.  Fortunately, I am in the process of buying a small but wonderful house that happens to have a pretty awesome kitchen.  I can't wait to move in and make use of the stainless steel appliances, the counter space, and finally have all my favorite kitchen things with me.  For now, I have forced myself to do a little cooking in this dreadful kitchen so that our readers can have something new to cook.  

You Will Need:

Spaghetti
Salmon filet
Olive Oil
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
Salt
Pepper 
Basil
Lemon Juice (fresh or bottled will work)

Cook your spaghetti according to package directions.  Sautee 1-2 garlic cloves in olive oil, add the salmon filet, seasoned with salt and pepper.  Cook salmon filet in olive oil, a few minutes on each side, until cooked through.  When the spaghetti is done cooking toss in olive oil and 1-2 minced garlic cloves, season with salt, pepper, and basil, and add a few squirts of lemon juice.  When salmon is done serve on top of the spaghetti and enjoy!  Quick, easy, and delicious...and great with wine!

Megan S.

No comments:

Post a Comment