Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birfday brunch






Brunch is the best meal ever.   I just love it.  I think my love stemmed from my formative years in West Glacier.   A few years back some of my friends decided to open a breakfast cafe.  During one of our hikes we decided that I should probably be the dishwasher.  Which was probably the best job I've ever had.  I mean, good pay, good friends, good food, and unlimited mimosas.  Life was good.  Since then I can never seem to get enough of brunch type items and I happen to think that breakfast sandwiches are probably the best creation on the planet.  It's the way to my heart, I tell ya.  And since today is my birthday (what up, 29!) I thought it would only make sense to enjoy my favorite meal - and you should too!

You will need:

3 eggs
1/4 of a bundle of green onions (chopped)
1/2 of a tomato (chopped)
one bagel (your choice of flavor)
1/8c of milk (I used almond milk)
1/4c crumbled feta
2 slices peppered bacon (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

You'll want to start out by prepping your veggies and getting your bacon cooked up.  I like to cut my strips in half so they fit on my sandwich better.  You can go with either the traditional stove top method or bake them like Sam suggested.  As long as they're cooked all is well!  In a decent sized cereal bowl combine eggs (I used two whites and one with yolk), green onions, feta, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and almond milk.  Whisk the mixture until well blended and frothy.  Put mixture in a pan with a dash of hot oil.  While the egg mixture cooks to your desired level you'll want to toast your bagel.  I'm lazy and use my oven but a toaster works too.  Fun fact I learned from Sister Wives (yes, I watch terrible reality tv shows) - more people are killed each year by toasters than sharks!  So, if you use a toaster, please do so with caution.  At this point you're ready to assemble.  I lay out my bagel and then scoop my egg mixture on and add my bacon and then the other part of the bagel.  The best part - enjoy!

Cause it's my birthday and brunch I threw in a mimosa too!

Cheers!  Megan J

No comments:

Post a Comment