Monday, June 18, 2012

Peach Glazed Chicken


So I just finished Malcolm Gladwell's book The Tipping Point, partly because the whole book sounded interesting in general and partly because I'd like to discover a way to get this little blog of ours to "tip."  Really all I mean by that is that I would like it to gain a little bit (I mean a lotta bit) more popularity with folks outside of my family and closest friends.  Don't get me wrong, I love the attention from those of you who have become loyal readers, you know who you are, but now help us out and spread the word!!  I know it's called Dinner For Spinsters but our recipes are quite accessible for anybody that eats!  Modify them for your family, tell your bachelor friends, maybe they'll avoid the Mickey D's drive-thru for a night! 

For this recipe you will need:
1 chicken breast
2-3 T. peach preserves
a splash of red wine (I'm not good at measuring, I throw things in a pan and hope for the best)
salt and pepper to taste

 Put the preserves and red wine in a skillet on medium heat, whisk together, add a dash of salt and pepper, cook on medium heat, stirring regularly until it thickens to desired consistency.  If you're having trouble getting it to thicken you can whisk a bit of cornstarch in to help you out.  I brushed my chicken with the sauce and cooked 5+ minutes on each side until done, basting extra sauce on as well.  I happen to think this recipe would be extra delicious cooked on the barbecue, just in time for grilling season, if only I was better with charcoal!  Cook up a few tasty side dishes (I did broccoli and jasmine rice) and you've got yourself a tasty dinner.

Have a friend that loves grilling?  Tell them to try out this simple recipe!  Want to learn more about this blogger?  Check out my facebook page, username megz3pegz.  Love our blog?  Follow us on Twitter @DinnerSpinsters

Megan S.

No comments:

Post a Comment