Thursday, July 5, 2012

Chicken and black beans


I'm told dating is supposed to be fun and exciting, unfortunately I've always found it scary and awkward.  I'm not good with new people, I'm shy and uncomfortable and I'm told this comes off bitchy.  I don't intend to be that way, it seems to just happen, especially when I really want someone to like me.  The more into you I am the more awkward and shy I am.  Over the years I've gotten somewhat better at this meeting new people thing and by somewhat I mean just the tiniest little bit better at it.  Generally speaking I'm actually only better at it when I've had a couple of drinks to help out.  This is one of those things that I'm constantly trying to work on to become a better version of myself, I'm sure you have your own thing.  One of the other things I'm constantly working on to be a better version of my already pretty awesome self is cooking.  When I eat I usually eat because I suddenly realize that I am STARVING and must eat right now!!!  This blog has forced me to plan meals and plan dinner before I'm ready to pass out from hunger.  It seems that I'm currently a little bit stuck on beans, I'm pretty sure several of my posts have used them, but I never knew they tasted good until recently.

You Will Need:
1 chicken breast
1/2 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 c. corn
1/2 red pepper (diced)
1/2 tomato (diced)
1/4 onion (diced)
1/2 c. uncooked rice (I used brown, it's good for you)
1 c. water
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 c. mexican blend cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Place rice and veggies in the bottom of a baking dish with water, place chicken on top.  Sprinkle dish with spices, cover and bake for about 30 minutes, until chicken is done and rice is cooked.  Sprinkle cheese on top of dish and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.  I used extra beans, rice and veggies so that I could use it as a dip for tortilla chips as a snack later, which was a pretty good idea!

Hope you enjoy!
Megan S.

No comments:

Post a Comment