Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lemon Pepper Chicken


So, as you may have guessed from the title of this blog-I am a spinster.  I choose to embrace this term as a positive one, instead of letting it conjure up negative images from the 1950's.  Truthfully, most days spinsterhood is good, spinsterhood is fun and if I had married one of the losers I've dated in the past, that would not be good, or fun.  Fortunately I dodged those bullets and have stayed (mostly) happily single.  This is not to say that I plan on staying that way forever.  I am not opposed to the so-called "happily ever after," I just haven't found the guy yet.  This search for Mr. Right has left me wondering, if the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, then where the hell is he?  I mean, I co-write a cooking blog!  I'm gonna go ahead and tell myself it has something to do with my penchant for chicken over steak (and nothing to do with the fact that I'm kinda crazy).  With that being said I present to you my latest chicken dish.

You will need:
1 chicken breast
1-2 garlic cloves minced
1-2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1 T olive oil
Juice from half a lemon
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp rosemary
some salt and pepper

Combine all the ingredients except your chicken.  Once combined add the chicken to the marinade and coat on both sides.  Put in the fridge for 2 hours or so.  I got mine ready ran errands and when I got home it was ready to cook.  Once the chicken has marinaded for a bit bake it or cook it on the stove, it's up to you.  If you want to bake it set your oven at 375 degrees and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cooked through with juices running clear.  If you cook it on the stove use medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side till cooked through.  I baked some potatoes along with my chicken and steamed some broccoli.  If you're fancy use the other half of your lemon for garnish.  I used the juice from the remainder on my broccoli w/some salt and pepper, tasty.  Hope you enjoy!

Megan S.

No comments:

Post a Comment