Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chicken Pesto Pizza

My personal cooking style is all about what's quick, easy and delicious.  I have very little spare time so I don't want to spend what time I do have slaving over a hot stove.  "Slaving" over a HOT man is much more to my liking and I'm guessing most everybody feels the same way.  For this reason most of the recipes I post aren't going to be gourmet meals but they will satisfy, maybe not as much as the aforementioned hot man but frankly that's the way it should be.

For this recipe you will need:

1 Pita
1 small chicken breast-cubed
1 garlic clove-minced
oregano and basil to taste
2-3 Tbsps pesto-you can use store bought, make your own (see Megan J's recipe) or do what I do (steal your roommate's)
1 cup mozzarella
1/2 a tomato-diced (I prefer vine-ripened)
a sprinkling of shredded parmesan

In hopes of full disclosure-all my measurements are approximate, feel free to put more or less of anything on your pizza.  I have never made a recipe according to the directions, I'm always tweaking things to suit my tastes, heck, that's part of the fun.

OK, back to the recipe. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook chicken on stove top with garlic and sprinkle with the oregano and basil to your liking.  While the chicken cooks you can prep your pita with the pesto by spreading it all over, this will work as your pizza crust.  I personally like to leave a little of the pita edge bare for a crispy crust edge.  When the chicken is finished cooking spread it over your pita.  Sprinkle your mozzarella on top add the diced tomatoes, you can put more mozzarella if you like or just put the finishing touch by sprinkling some parmesan on top.  Bake pizza until your cheese is melty and delicious.  If you like crunchy edges and some browned cheese put the oven on broil for a minute.  Keep a close eye on your dinner if you choose this method or you'll end up burning your pizza like I did.  Burned pizza = no picture for your awesome new blog :(

Cut your pizza up into fun pieces or just dig right in and enjoy!!

This recipe is also great with alfredo sauce instead of pesto, so if you have any extra alfredo sauce to use up try it out!!

Megan S.

No comments:

Post a Comment